Jan 24, 2010

A Challenge!


I have not been in my craft room with any regularity for the last 4 months, so today I decided to find a challenge sketch and see what I could do. Well, I started at noon and it took me until 1am, yes there was a 3 hour break, but it took me 10 hours to create this card. It's amazing how much effort it takes when you are out of practice!!
Even tho it took me a while to get back in the swing of things, I am really pleased with how this lovely lady turned out!

The challenge is from Sketch Saturday and I participated in this week's challenge #87.
The sketch that I followed looks like this:

Stamps: Maid Charlotte, Whiff of Joy
Ink: Tuxedo Black, Memento
Paper: DCWV Cardstock, Misc. Scrap Heart paper
Ribbon: Offray "kendra", Heart Lace
Tools: Odorless Mineral Spirits, Stumps, Prismacolor Pencils, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder- Floral Fantasy
Embellishments: Crystal Stickles, Jumbo Heart Brads by Spare Parts, Pop Dots, Flatback Swarovski Crystals, Prima Flowers, Metal "Princess" Ribbon Slider, Metal Heart photo corners, black pen

Anna Banana

3 comments:

Genevieve said...

Beautiful card, well worth the time you out in :)

kc_froglady said...

WOW I can't believe it took you that long! I would of been frustrated. I am glad to see you pushed thru and it turned out lovely! I like the Princess slide on the ribbon! The photo orners are fantastic too.

Chrissy D said...

SWEET projects! Love the image and your flowers! Lovely coloring too!!!