Jun 18, 2009

Magical Mermaid

First thing's first ... I think I may have finally got some of my creativity back on!
I went to my craft room at lunch with the thought of straightening up some more stuff, and I ended up putting this card together in less than 1/2 hour!

Now - on to the Mermaid!
I ended up buying Mermaid Anya from The Greeting Farm, and then my great friend, Karyn, brought me one when she visited in May!

I dropped a note to the wonderful gal over at The Greeting Farm explaining what happened, and I am packing up the extra stamp and doing a swap for the Hula Anya!  WOO HOO!!

I love them!

The mermaid card is sooooo cute in person - the photo does not do her justice.  I colored her in metallic pencils and her skin is the prettiest shade of pearly metallic green!  The background is made from two coordinating wallpapers from one of those wallpaper books.

***Side note: I had over 100 wallpaper books about 5 years ago, thanks to my Aunt who worked for a decorating company!!  I have given away, or thrown away all but the last 4, which are very interesting books with lots of color and texture and I have decided that I am going to use them or loose them!!***

Anyway - back to the card ... the wallpaper that I used has a really pretty metallic sheen to it (you can see it a little in the close up) and the colors just fit with the mermaid perfectly!!

This card is swimming away to The Greeting Farm as a Thank You note for swapping out my stamp!

Be proud of me - I never send my cards - I have a drawer full of little works of art that I can't part with!

Anna Banana

3 comments:

Monica-FC said...

what a great card and cool stamp that is. I love it.

kc_froglady said...

I can attest to Anna's not sending the cards ;) she has a hard time parting with them! WaHooooo on them switching the stamp out - I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see some hula action!

This card is great - I wish the darn camera's would capture more of the sparkle and shimmer of things. I bet it is even more gorgeous in person! Great use of the wallpaper too - I hope to see more of it popping up in your cards now that your creativity is back flowing the right direction!

Unknown said...

Great use of wall paper and she is so pretty! TFS