Feb 29, 2008

Bill's Sketch Challenge #1


Happy Leap Day!
I figured I'd get something in today, since it only comes around every 4 years!
Yesterday, my good friend Allie told me about this really nifty blog My Creative Corner.
Dawn's husband, Bill, designed a sketch ...which is totally cool!  They are having a contest with the sketch, so I thought I would enter!!
I came up with this design last night around 1am.  I always have my best ideas after midnight!
It is green patterned paper (I have no idea where it's from) in a stripe design with baby pink and lime green card stock on a black card base.  
I used the dragonfly from SU's Nature's Wonders set (that I won on e-bay!!) stamped in black and colored it in with my Lyra watercolor crayons in greens and pinks.  
I added some hand doodling around the edges of the pink papers (inspired by Allie).
I ripped and inked (palette - viridian leaf) the edge of the dragonfly, and then added Prisma Glitter to the wings.  
I finished it off by using Czek Cut Crystals in Perdot instead of rhinestones, to give it a bunch of extra bling factor!
I will be in Jamaica when the winner is announced, but if I DO win I have my contact info on my web page (link at the side - The Creative Castle) in the Royal Messenger section!
Wish me luck!
Anna

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great card! I wish I had your doodling skills. Glad you decided to participte my DH's challenge.

kc_froglady said...

otally had to give it a try too HRH :) SO check my blog for my try!

48 days!!!!!!!!!!!1