Jul 6, 2009

I'm WAAAAAAYYY Behind on my SBS Challenge cards...

... But I DID do these two cards this past week and then ran out of time to post them until now.
The first is the 4th of July - I have had this cute stamp of Snoopy in a plane for ages and haven't inked him til now - I thought this would make a perfect 4th of July card!
All the stars and stripes background papers were from my scrap basket - these aren't even papers I bought - they were from a friend's house when she was cleaning to move over 5 years ago!! Wow - talk about me being a pack rat! At least it's only a large zip-top bag of papers in my basket.

I colored him up with my prisma colors and OMS with stumps, which was quite a challenge, because the heavy card stock that I used apparently has a texture in it and I was having trouble getting the color to fill in the nooks and crannies! It really looks quite nice in person, tho. The front propeller was colored with a metallic silver pencil that actually shimmers like metal when you move the card.
The ribbon is from Stampin' Up - I believe it is just White Gross-grain ribbon - it came in a HUGE spool.
The flowers are prima.
In 1999, when I was hand-beading my Renaissance wedding dress, I discovered Czech-cut flatback rhinestones. I ordered a bunch in different colors and now I am using them in my card making because they have more sparkle than the plastic ones or the plain glass ones... and I may as well use them since I paid a small fortune for them!

So that is my card for today!
I hope you all had a Happy 4th of July!
Anna Banana
Anna Banana


2 comments:

kc_froglady said...

Snoopy s too fun and what a nice card this is. Wonderful using the metallic to color the propeller. I love that star background paper! Will have to keep an eye out for some when I am at the store.

What a tease you are though - you refer to 2 cards but only share one!

Anna Banana said...

The second card is posting on the 7th :D

Thanks for the compliments, and good luck finding the paper - it's at least 5 years old.