I am attending a wedding this weekend and this is the card I made last night.
Jun 26, 2008
Jun 25, 2008
It is officially 6 months until Christmas!
Not that I am a crazy Christmas person putting up decorations or trees now, but I have to get cracking and get some Holiday Craft Items started!!
Local Craft Shows will begin in about 3 months, and with the way I procrastinate, I won't have anything created from my huge rubbermaid bin of goodies that I have accumulated over the last year if I don't start now!
So in other words, expect to see some Christmas items mixed in with my other posts in the near future.
See ya later!
Jun 24, 2008
5 Tools I Can't Create Without
1. My Cutterpede Trimmer - nothing would get done if all my paper was 12 x 12 or 8.5 x 11!
2. Rubber Stamps - These little works of art are what I base all of my designs around! Stamps are my bliss. I stamp everything, and nothing looks "finished" to me without a stamped image.
3. Cutter Bee Scissors - their sharp, precision tip makes cutting out the finest details possible.
4. Prismacolor pencils - I live in a world of rich, vibrant color and I like to express that in my creations
5. Gamsol & Stumps - without being able to blend my colors, my works of art would feel unfinished. Gamsol gives them a really smooth look - almost like copic markers - and the stumps are rolled paper sticks that the blending is done with.
Now tell me about your 5 Tools. Either post in the comments, or post on your own blog and leave me a link to your blog so I can check it out!
Jun 23, 2008
I took Allie's Friday Challenge at Croppinsville, and I really like the card I came up with!! It was a yellow and brown challenge!
Those colors always bring to mind fall for me!
White card stock from TAC
Yellow, gold and brown paper from my scrap basket
3 recycled buttons
Palette Inks: Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna
Brown and white polka dot ribbon from Studio G that I inked over in raw sienna to make the dots coordinate in yellow
Prismacolor and Walnut Hollow colored pencils in yellows and browns
Prisma Glitter (on the bottom part of the leaf)
Yellow Glitter Glue pen (for the wind and starbursts)
House Mouse stamp (image stamped in Burnt Sienna)
We went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica in March and we have been to Sandals Nassau, Bahamas, and this card just sums up how I feel about being at the ocean ....
Deep blue and bright green reflect in the ocean as you dip your toes into the gently rolling surf from a beach chair. Bright, warm sun and cool salty breezes make your skin warm, then cool, as you sip a frozen pink drink from a pretty glass garnished with cherries and an umbrella.
Ahhh - Paradise!
I am an Angel for The Angel Company and I get a LOT of stamps :) They come unmounted and I need to put them on their cling foam and cut them apart. I ordered a whole bunch of stamps last month and just started getting them cut apart this weekend.
I decided to put ink to rubber for the first time on this set, and this little cutie-pie got sent to my mom!
I created this card for Dad for Father's Day.
It turned out really cute - the fish have glitter on the rainbow colors to make it look like scales shining. Each fish is strung on floss and swings individually - sooo darned cute!!
Jun 20, 2008
A good friend of mine moved from our block here in Wisconsin to Iowa ... clear across Iowa almost to the other side!
I sent her and her family this card to their new home... she called when she got it and really liked it, so I know "I dun good" !!